Have the ingredients assembled near the stove so you can cook the dish quickly. Make the vinegar sauce a day in advance and refrigerate it. Serve the noodles with the vinegar mixture and soy sauce. Serves 4.
FOR THE STIR-FRY
|3||tablespoons sesame oil or peanut oil|
|1||clove garlic, chopped|
|1||teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|1||teaspoon soy sauce|
|1||bunch scallions (white part only), chopped|
|1/4||head green cabbage, shredded|
|2||carrots, thinly sliced into 2-inch strips|
|1/2||green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch strips|
|1/4||pound sugar snap peas, cut on the diagonal into fine strips|
|Salt, to taste|
2. Add the soy sauce and sugar and stir-fry for 5 seconds.
3. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
4. Add the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and sugar snaps. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the noodles and salt. Mix well and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
FOR THE SAUCE AND GARNISH
|1/2||cup apple cider vinegar|
|2||teaspoons thinly sliced hot green chili peppers|
|2||scallions, thinly sliced|
|2||teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley|
|1/3||cup soy sauce (for serving)|
2. Garnish the noodles with scallions and cilantro or parsley. Divide the mixture among 4 deep bowls and garnish each one with a wedge of lime. Serve with the vinegar sauce and soy sauce.